time is such a strange idea. Sometimes it goes too quickly and then at times it feels like life is going in slow motion. our generation seems to have some unrealistic expectations of getting things when we want them. 'Waiting' isn't a term we've had to become familiar with. everything is instant..'instant' messaging, 'instant' coffee, 'instant' you name it. i tend to like to control the way things go in my life, deciding when and how they will go down. now i find myself in a position where i'm forced to wait on others and i'm not really sure how to handle it.
over thanksgiving and winter break i applied to internship after internship. All companies that were on my dream list of places to work. Now it was time to wait, but time goes by so slowly The first week in January i received a call from a company i had completely written out as an option. They had gotten my application and wanted to have a phone interview with me the next week. waiting a week to get the interview call was agonizing. Waiting for your call baby night and day, I'm fed up, i'm tired of waiting on you. i found myself sitting by my phone, waiting for it to ring for the next week, even though i knew very well the exact day and time they would be calling. it seems Time goes by slowly for those who wait. Finally! ring, ring, ring goes the telephone , the interview had come. at the end of the interview, i asked if i would be recommended for the next round. i was told there was this whole post-evaluation process that had to take place before he could tell. I knew that was a nice let down. he told me i'd hear in two weeks. that must be code for 'you'll hear in a couple of days'..rightt?? they're not about to make me WAIT two weeks! sure enough two weeks passed and i heard nothing. Waiting for your call baby night and day, I'm fed up, i'm tired of waiting on you. the next day i received a call. They said my interview was very positive and i would hear from them in two weeks with updates for next steps. I'm tired of waiting on you. lksjflaksjdflaksjdflkajsdfl. i suppose typing all of this out makes it seem small and not like that big of a deal. Honestly, i don't expect to get this internship, so i'm just waiting for the no. i just can't deal with all this waiting. Time goes by.... so slowly, time....so slowly, time goes by...so slowly.
Name that tune: Hung Up by Madonna
I wish I agreed with you about time going by slowly, but lately I feel like it goes by too quickly--except when I stare at the clock. I should do that more often!
ReplyDeleteI know! Usually I wish there were more hours in the day, but waiting on all these results has taken painfully long!
ReplyDeleteI really love what you're doing here with the lyrics and life--woven together.
ReplyDelete